“I just wanted to let you know I received a job with Umbrella Managed Systems! I want to thank you for the class you taught for us on how to create resumes and interview techniques. It really helped out a lot in the process of finding a job. The training for looking for jobs and how to approach interviews is a huge help and I believe that is what led to me receiving this job offer.”
How We Help Get You Hired
We know your goal is to get a
In addition to your technical training, we know there are other skills that need to be developed to help you find the right job. Centriq's Placement Services provides our students with seminars, workshops and other services throughout your training that prepare you for your job search, and help you land your new IT job.
How we prepare you
At orientation, we walk you through tips and tools for success that help you in both our program and in your transition to a career in IT. In addition to the guidance provided at orientation, our program includes several workshops and training to help you prepare for your job search and find a job you love:
• LinkedIn and Networking
• Job Search Tips and Interview Techniques
• Career Fair Prep
Interview Skills Training
• Mock Interview Boot Camps
• Mock Technical Interviews
• How to Dress for Interviews
• How to Build Rapport with Interviewers
• Constructing and delivering your Elevator Pitch
Where do they find entry-level IT job openings?
• Centriq’s Corporate Division Account Executives
• Attending Career Fairs to identify employers with IT openings
• Attending Networking Events
• Monitoring all major Job Posting Boards
• Monitoring LinkedIn Job Postings
• Connecting with IT Staffing firms (over 450 area recruiters are in our Employer Network)
• Referrals from Current Students
• Referrals from Graduates about Openings at their Employer
• Cold Calls into area Companies
• Referrals from employers who’ve hired our grads
• New Graduate Alerts in our Corporate Division Newsletter
• New Graduate Alerts in our Employer Network Newsletter
• Employer Network Invitations to Attend our Career Fairs
• Employer Network Invitations to Attend Student Project Presentations
• Attending IT User Groups – many of which are held at Centriq's campus
When we find the job openings, we send them directly to you. We post them on our exclusive Centriq Job Board. We invite the Employers to our Centriq-only Job Fair. We invite the employers to our Project Presentations. We offer to set up onsite interviews. In short, we make sure you know about every job opening, and give you the tools to land the position.
Alex is Centriq’s Career & Student Success Manager. She has a background in recruiting and a knack for helping students build their professional profile. She loves motivating and inspiring graduates to reach for their highest potential.
Career & Student Success Manager
“I’ve worked at other schools and have never seen a commitment and program to place our grads like we have at Centriq.”
Career Coach & Employer Relations
Want to work in IT with a great company?
Let us know!
KANSAS CITY CAMPUS:
st. louis CAMPUS: