- Ways to Train:
- Live Classroom Class is delivered at a Centriq location with a live instructor actually in the classroom.
- Live Virtual Class Class is delivered live online via Centriq's Virtual Remote technology. Student may attend class from home or office or other location with internet access.
- HD Class Class is delivered via award winning HD-ILT at Centriq's facility. Students view the live instructor utilizing a 60'' HD monitor.
- Ways to Buy:
- Retail Class can be purchased directly via check, credit card, or PO.
- CV Centriq Vouchers Class is available for students using Centriq Vouchers.
- CP Centriq Choice Pass Eligible Class is available to students utilizing Centriq Choice Pass program.
- SA SATV Eligible Class is available for students utilizing Microsoft Software Assurance Training Vouchers.
- CLC Cisco Learning Credit Class is available for students using Cisco Learning Credits.
|Start Date||End Date||Duration||Days||Start Time||End Time||Time Zone||Location||Ways to Train||Ways to Buy||Price|
|06.08.21||06.10.21||3 Days||T-TH||8:30AM||4:30PM||Central||Virtual Only||Live Virtual Classroom||Cash CV Centriq Vouchers||
Big Data on AWS introduces you to cloud-based big data solutions such as Amazon Elastic MapReduce (EMR), Amazon Redshift, Amazon Kinesis and the rest of the AWS big data platform. In this course, we show you how to use Amazon EMR to process data using the broad ecosystem of Hadoop tools like Hive and Hue. We also teach you how to create big data environments, work with Amazon DynamoDB, Amazon Redshift, Amazon QuickSight, Amazon Athena and Amazon Kinesis, and leverage best practices to design big data environments for security and cost-effectiveness.
Please note this class is only available through Centriq's partner network. Separate Terms & Conditions will apply to registrations.
- Individuals responsible for designing and implementing big data solutions, namely Solutions Architects and SysOps Administrators.
- Data Scientists and Data Analysts interested in learning about big data solutions on AWS.
- Basic familiarity with big data technologies, including Apache Hadoop, HDFS, and SQL/NoSQL querying.
- Students should complete the Big Data Technology Fundamentals web-based training or have equivalent experience.
- Working knowledge of core AWS services and public cloud implementation.
- Students should complete the AWS Essentials course or have equivalent experience.
- Basic understanding of data warehousing, relational database systems, and database design.
This course teaches you how to:
- Fit AWS solutions inside of a big data ecosystem
- Leverage Apache Hadoop in the context of Amazon EMR
- Identify the components of an Amazon EMR cluster
- Launch and configure an Amazon EMR cluster
- Leverage common programming frameworks available for Amazon EMR including Hive, Pig, and Streaming
- Leverage Hue to improve the ease-of-use of Amazon EMR
- Use in-memory analytics with Spark on Amazon EMR
- Choose appropriate AWS data storage options
- Identify the benefits of using Amazon Kinesis for near real-time big data processing
- Leverage Amazon Redshift to efficiently store and analyze data
- Comprehend and manage costs and security for a big data solution
- Identify options for ingesting, transferring, and compressing data
- Leverage Amazon Athena for ad-hoc query analytics
- Leverage AWS Glue to automate ETL workloads.
- Use visualization software to depict data and queries using Amazon QuickSight
- Orchestrate big data workflows using AWS Data Pipeline
View the Big Data on AWS Training Course Outline
- Overview of Big Data
- Big Data streaming and Amazon Kinesis
- Using Kinesis to stream and analyze Apache server logs
- Storage Solutions
- Querying Big Data using Amazon Athena
- Using Amazon Athena to analyze log data
- Introduction to Apache Hadoop and Amazon EMR
- Using Amazon Elastic MapReduce
- Storing and Querying Data on DynamoDB
- Hadoop Programming Frameworks
- Processing Server Logs with Hive on Amazon EMR
- Streamlining Your Amazon EMR Experience with Hue
- Running Pig Scripts in Hue on Amazon EMR
- Spark on Amazon EMR
- Processing New York Taxi dataset using Spark on Amazon EMR
- Using AWS Glue to automate ETL workloads
- Amazon Redshift and Big Data
- Visualizing and Orchestrating Big Data
- Managing Amazon EMR Costs
- Securing Big Data solutions
- Big Data Design Patterns