- Ways to Train:
- Live Classroom Class is delivered at a Centriq location with a live instructor actually in the classroom.
- Live Virtual Class Class is delivered live online via Centriq's Virtual Remote technology. Student may attend class from home or office or other location with internet access.
- HD Class Class is delivered via award winning HD-ILT at Centriq's facility. Students view the live instructor utilizing a 60'' HD monitor.
- Ways to Buy:
- Retail Class can be purchased directly via check, credit card, or PO.
- CV Centriq Vouchers Class is available for students using Centriq Vouchers.
- CP Centriq Choice Pass Eligible Class is available to students utilizing Centriq Choice Pass program.
|Start Date||End Date||Duration||Days||Start Time||End Time||Time Zone||Location||Ways to Train||Ways to Buy||Price|
|08.26.21||08.27.21||2 Days||TH-F||9:00AM||5:00PM||Central||Virtual Only||Live Virtual Classroom||Cash CV Centriq Vouchers||
This two-day course takes an in-depth approach to the DAX language, teaching designers how to build models that extend the capabilities of source data for more in-depth, customized business intelligence solutions. This course will also introduce students to the M-Language and how it can be used to make querying more effective. Topics covered include proper understanding of DAX evaluation, controlling evaluation context, understanding relational functions, error handling within the data model, working with complex time intelligence calculations, creating advanced DAX dashboards and report elements using Slicers, and understand the importance of the M Language and its uses.
Please note this class is only available through Centriq's partner network. Separate Terms & Conditions will apply to registrations.
Power BI for the Cloud - Level 2 - Data Model Designer
View the Introduction to DAX for Power BI Desktop Users - Level 3 Training Course Outline
Lesson 1: Power BI Functions – M Language
· M Language vs DAX Functions
· Basic M Language Syntax
· Working with Columns
· IF Expression in M Language
· Query Cleanup
Lesson 2: Basic DAX Functionality
· Review of Calculated Columns
· Review of Measures
· Rules of Evaluation
· Evaluation Context
· Formatting DAX Code
Lesson 3: Controlling Content & Values
· Controlling Values - DAX
· M Custom Functions
· Error Handling
Lesson 4: Context Control Functions
· Iterative Functions
· FILTER Function
· ALL Function
· CALCULATE Function
· Additional Uses Of The ALL Function
Lesson 5: Contexts In Relationships
· Working With Many Tables
· Row Context & Relationships
· Elevated Calculated Columns
· Filter Context & Relationships
· Cross Filtering Issues
Lesson 6: Advanced Concepts
· Controlling Totals
· Parameter Tables
Lesson 7: Time Intelligence Calculations
· Working With Date Tables
· Calculating Operating Periods
· Working With Missing Periods
· To-Date Functions
· Advanced Date Functions
· Prior Year Functions