- Ways to Train:
- Live Classroom Class is delivered at a Centriq location with a live instructor actually in the classroom.
- Live Virtual Class Class is delivered live online via Centriq's Virtual Remote technology. Student may attend class from home or office or other location with internet access.
- HD Class Class is delivered via award winning HD-ILT at Centriq's facility. Students view the live instructor utilizing a 60'' HD monitor.
- Ways to Buy:
- Retail Class can be purchased directly via check, credit card, or PO.
- CV Centriq Vouchers Class is available for students using Centriq Vouchers.
- CP Centriq Choice Pass Eligible Class is available to students utilizing Centriq Choice Pass program.
- SA SATV Eligible Class is available for students utilizing Microsoft Software Assurance Training Vouchers.
- CLC Cisco Learning Credit Class is available for students using Cisco Learning Credits.
|Start Date||End Date||Duration||Days||Start Time||End Time||Time Zone||Location||Ways to Train||Ways to Buy||Price|
|Request a Date|
Certified Network Defender (CND) is a vendor-neutral, hands-on, instructor-led comprehensive network security certification training program. It is a skills-based, lab intensive program based on a job-task analysis and cybersecurity education framework presented by the National Initiative of Cybersecurity Education (NICE). The course has also been mapped to global job roles and responsibilities and the Department of Defense (DoD) job roles for system/network administrators. The course is designed and developed after extensive market research and surveys.
The program prepares network administrators on network security technologies and operations to attain Defense-in-Depth network security preparedness. It covers the project, detect and respond approach to network security. The course contains hands-on labs, based on major network security tools and techniques which will provide network administrators real world expertise on current network security technologies and operations. The study-kit provides you with over 10 GB of network security best practices, assessments and protection tools. The kit also contains templates for various network policies and a large number of white papers for additional learning.
- Network Administrators
- Network Security Administrators
- Network Security Engineer
- Network Defense Technicians
- CND Analyst
- Security Analyst
- Security Operator
- Anyone involved in network operations
Student will learn about various network security controls, protocols, and devices
Student will able to determine appropriate location for IDS/IPS sensors, tuning IDS for false positives and false negatives, and configurations to harden security through IDPS technologies
Students will able to troubleshoot their network for various network problems
Students will able to implement secure VPN implementation for their organization
Student will able identify various threats on organization network
Student will able identify various threats to wireless network and learn how to mitigate them
Student will learn how to design and implement various security policies for their organizations
Student will able to monitor and conduct signature analysis to detect various types of attacks and policy violation activities
Student will learn the importance of physical security and able to determine and implement various physical security controls for their organizations
Student will able to perform risk assessment, vulnerability assessment/scanning through various scanning tools and generate detailed reports on it
Student will able to harden security of various hosts individually in the organization’s network
Student will able to identify the critical data, choose appropriate back up method, media and technique to perform successful backup of organization data on regular basis
Student will able to choose appropriate firewall solution, topology, and configurations to harden security through firewall
Student will able to provide first response to the network security incident and assist IRT team and forensics investigation team in dealing with an incident
View the Certified Network Defender (EC Council) Training Course Outline
- Module 01: Computer Network and Defense Fundamentals.
- Module 02: Network Security Threats, Vulnerabilities, and Attacks.
- Module 03: Network Security Controls, Protocols, and Devices.
- Module 04: Network Security Policy Design and Implementation.
- Module 05: Physical Security.
- Module 06: Host Security.
- Module 07: Secure Firewall Configuration and Management.
- Module 08: Secure IDS Configuration and Management.
- Module 09: Secure VPN Configuration and Management.
- Module 10: Wireless Network Defense.
- Module 11: Network Traffic Monitoring and Analysis.
- Module 12: Network Risk and Vulnerability Management.
- Module 13: Data Backup and Recovery.
- Module 14: Network Incident Response and Management.