EC-Council CND Certification – Who It’s For & What You Learn
What is CND Certification?
Certified Network Defender (CND) is a vendor-neutral, hands-on, instructor-led comprehensive network security certification program that prepares you with network security technologies and operations to achieve defense-in-depth objectives.
More information about the CND Program and training class is available here.
Who is CND for?
- Network Administrators
- Network Security Administrators
- Network Security Engineers
- Network Defense Technicians
- CND Analyst
- Security Analyst
- Security Operator
- Anyone who is involved in Network Operations
What will you learn?
- Various network security controls, protocols and devices.
- You will be able to determine appropriate location for IDS/IPS sensors, tuning IDS for false positives and false negatives and configurations to harden security through IDPS technologies.
- You will able troubleshoot you network for various network problems.
- Implement secure VPN implementation for your organization.
- Identify various threats on organization’s network, identify various threats to wireless networks and learn how to mitigate them.
- You’ll learn to design and implement various security polices for your organization.
- You will be able to monitor and conduct signature analysis to detect various types of attacks and policy violation activities.
- Learn the importance of physical security and be able to determine and implement various physical security controls for your organization.
- Perform risk assessment, vulnerability assessment/scanning through various scanning tools and generate detailed reports on it. Also, you will be able to harden security of various hosts individually in your organization’s network.
- You will be able to identify the critical data, choose appropriate backup method, media and technique to perform successful backup of organization’s data on regular basis.
- Choose appropriate firewall solution, topology, and configurations to harden security through firewall.
- Provide first response to the network security incident and assist IRT team and forensics investigation team in dealing with an incident.
What job roles need CND specific skills?
Contact a Training Advisor if you have additional questions or would like more information emailed to you directly.
Centriq Training has been committed to the growth and development of the Midwest’s IT workforce since 1989.
We are??the only technology training provider in the area that offers a comprehensive schedule of “Instructor-in-the-Classroom “training classes. Students tell us what an advantage it is to have not only the instructor – but also other IT Professionals – physically in the classroom with you.
If you can’t make it to our facility based in the Kansas City area, you can experience our world class instructors through Live Virtual Class training or Custom/Private Classes delivered at your office.