Microsoft Windows Server 2016 First Look Clinic
Date: Thursday, July 7, 2016
Time: 8:30 – 11:30 a.m.
Centriq’s First Look Clinics will introduce you to the new features and capabilities of Microsoft Windows Server 2016. They are designed to provide a broad range of knowledge across an array of technologies focusing on the pillars identity, compute and networking.
No topic is covered fully, but you will finish the clinic with an understanding of the new and improved features and capabilities of Windows Server 2016.*
At the end of the clinic you will be able to:
- Describe the installation options and editions of Microsoft Windows Server 2016.
- Describe Nano Server and how to manage it.
- Describe the new features in Hyper-V.
- Describe Windows Server Containers and Hyper-V Containers.
- Describe the new features in management.
- List and describe the new features available for Active Directory Federation Services (AD FS).
- List and describe the new features available for AD DS.
- Describe Storage Spaces Direct.
- Describe Storage Replica.
- Describe Storage Quality of Service (Storage QoS).
- List and describe the Windows Server technologies for Software-Defined Networking.
- List and describe the cloud-scaling features in Microsoft Windows Server 2016.
- List and describe the other new and improved networking services in Windows Server 2016.
A morning session is available and will be led by Centriq instructor Janet Nichols. Snack will be provided and there is no cost for this event.
Registration for this event is now closed.
*This clinic is based on Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4, and the technologies are subject to change in the final release.