- Ways to Train:
- Live Classroom Class is delivered at a Centriq location with a live instructor actually in the classroom.
- Live Virtual Class Class is delivered live online via Centriq's Virtual Remote technology. Student may attend class from home or office or other location with internet access.
- HD Class Class is delivered via award winning HD-ILT at Centriq's facility. Students view the live instructor utilizing a 60'' HD monitor.
- Ways to Buy:
- Retail Class can be purchased directly via check, credit card, or PO.
- CV Centriq Vouchers Class is available for students using Centriq Vouchers.
- CP Centriq Choice Pass Eligible Class is available to students utilizing Centriq Choice Pass program.
|Start Date||End Date||Duration||Days||Start Time||End Time||Time Zone||Location||Ways to Train||Ways to Buy||Price|
|08.23.21||08.23.21||1 Day||M||8:30AM||4:30PM||Central||Virtual Only||Live Virtual Classroom||Cash CV Centriq Vouchers CP Centriq Choice Pass Eligible||
|10.06.21||10.06.21||1 Day||W||8:30AM||4:00PM||Central||Virtual Only||Live Virtual Classroom||Cash CV Centriq Vouchers CP Centriq Choice Pass Eligible||
Word is a word processing application that is part of the Microsoft Office suite. A word processor is a program used to create, edit, format, and print documents, such as letters, reports, and Web pages. You can enter text, insert graphics and charts, print a document, and share a document in different formats.
*Note - This course is delivered on the 2019 version of the product & prepares students for the Microsoft Office Specialist and Expert exams for Word 2019. Using an older version of Office today? There is 10% difference between 2013, 2016 and 2019.
Students will get the most out of this course if their goal is to become proficient in using Microsoft Word to create basic documents. Students should have little or no experience using Microsoft Word or any other word processing program.
*Note – If you are unsure what course level you should take, you might consider taking a short self-assessment available.
In order to be successful in this course, a learner should be comfortable using a personal computer and Microsoft Windows 10 including:
- Keyboard: Delete, Backspace, ESC, CTRL, Function keys, Number keypad
- Mouse: Left-click, Right-click, Double-click, Drag and Drop, Select/Highlight
- Windows: Toolbars, Maximize, Minimize, Move, Resize, Close
- File Management: Navigate to folders and files
*Note - If you need to boost your basic computer skills (listed above) before attending this course, you might benefit from completing our MO-CB101: Computer Basics course first.
In addition, potential students should be able to multitask, as the structure of this class will require you to listen, watch, read, type, and write often all at the same time.
After completing this course, students will know how to:
- Create and save documents, cut and paste text, and use different document views
- Format characters and paragraphs; use styles, Quick Styles, and themes; and create bulleted and numbered lists
- Set up page layout, set tab stops, use headers and footers, and apply templates
- Insert, format, and lay out pictures
- Insert and format tables
View the Microsoft Office Word: Level 1 Training Course Outline
Lesson 1: Getting Started with Word 2019
Topic A: Navigate in Microsoft Word
Topic B: Create and Save Word Documents
Topic C: Manage Your Workspace
Topic D: Edit Documents
Topic E: Preview and Print Documents
Topic F: Customize the Word Environment
Lesson 2: Formatting Text and Paragraphs
Topic A: Apply Character Formatting
Topic B: Control Paragraph Layout
Topic C: Align Text Using Tabs
Topic D: Display Text in Bulleted or Numbered Lists
Topic E: Apply Borders and Shading
Lesson 3: Working More Efficiently
Topic A: Make Repetitive Edits
Topic B: Apply Repetitive Formatting
Topic C: Use Styles to Streamline Repetitive Formatting Tasks
Lesson 4: Managing Lists
Topic A: Sort a List
Topic B: Format a List
Lesson 5: Adding Tables
Topic A: Insert a Table
Topic B: Modify a Table
Topic C: Format a Table
Topic D: Convert Text to a Table
Lesson 6: Inserting Graphic Objects
Topic A: Insert Symbols and Special Characters
Topic B: Add Images to a Document
Lesson 7: Controlling Page Appearance
Topic A: Apply a Page Border and Color
Topic B: Add Headers and Footers
Topic C: Control Page Layout
Topic D: Add a Watermark
Lesson 8: Preparing to Publish a Document
Topic A: Check Spelling, Grammar, and Readability
Topic B: Use Research Tools
Topic C: Check Accessibility
Topic D: Save a Document to Other Formats