- Ways to Train:
- Live Classroom Class is delivered at a Centriq location with a live instructor actually in the classroom.
- Live Virtual Class Class is delivered live online via Centriq's Virtual Remote technology. Student may attend class from home or office or other location with internet access.
- HD Class Class is delivered via award winning HD-ILT at Centriq's facility. Students view the live instructor utilizing a 60'' HD monitor.
- Ways to Buy:
- Retail Class can be purchased directly via check, credit card, or PO.
- CV Centriq Vouchers Class is available for students using Centriq Vouchers.
- CP Centriq Choice Pass Eligible Class is available to students utilizing Centriq Choice Pass program.
|Start Date||End Date||Duration||Days||Start Time||End Time||Time Zone||Location||Ways to Train||Ways to Buy||Price|
|11.16.21||11.16.21||1 Day||T||1:00PM||4:00PM||Central||Virtual Only||Live Virtual Classroom||Cash CV Centriq Vouchers CP Centriq Choice Pass Eligible||
In today’s business environment, companies expect employees to have skills such as communication, time management, leadership, and many others in order to be successful and effective. These “soft” skills are just as important (if not more important) than the “technical” skills actually required for the job.
In Centriq’s Professional Development Workshops, students will develop skills in active listening, conflict management, negotiation, networking, teamwork, coaching and feedback, emotional intelligence, motivation, goal setting, delegation, organizational skills, setting priorities, decision-making, problem solving, stress management, creativity/innovation, change management, and flexibility/adaptability.
PD-C01-Communication with Active Listening is the start of the Communication series. The major goal of this series is to help you improve your communication skills so you can work successfully with others in your professional and personal lives.
In this 3-hour session, you will learn about communication types and communication styles. This includes learning major components of active listening such as observation, reflecting data, reflecting feelings, interpreting, and summarizing.
Students will use various methods, tools, and techniques to learn the material including assessments, role-playing, presentations and lectures, scenarios, research, group work, brainstorming, reflection, and discussion.
Other Communication Workshops You May Enjoy:
· PD-C02 - Conflict Management
· PD-C03 - Negotiation
· PD-C04 – Networking and First Impressions
· PD-C05 – Crucial Conversations
This training is intended for business professionals seeking to improve their communication abilities.
Identify common communication problems
Develop skills to ask questions that give you the information you need
Learn about the meaning of non-verbal messages
Develop skills in listening actively to others
Enhance your ability to handle difficult situations
Deal with situations assertively
Define active listening and its key components
Identify ways to become a better listener
Understand the four communication styles.
Discover a quick way to identify the styles of others.
Understand how to use style to improve communication.
View the Communication with Active Listening Training Course Outline
- Creating Positive Relationships
- Developing Confidence
- Characteristics of Skilled Communicators
- Common Communication Barriers
- Types of Questions
- Active Listening
- Reflecting Data
- Reflecting Feelings
- Non-verbal Language
- Facial Expressions
- Communication Dichotomies
- Communication Styles
- Frame of Reference
- Techniques for the Workplace
- Four-step Formula
- Saying No