- Ways to Train:
- Live Classroom Class is delivered at a Centriq location with a live instructor actually in the classroom.
- Live Virtual Class Class is delivered live online via Centriq’s Virtual Remote technology. Student may attend class from home or office or other location with internet access.
- HD Class Class is delivered via award winning HD-ILT at Centriq’s facility. Students view the live instructor utilizing a 60” HD monitor.
- Ways to Buy:
- Retail Class can be purchased directly via check, credit card, or PO.
- V Voucher Eligible Students may use Centriq Vouchers to attend any Voucher Eligible class.
- AP AP Eligible Class is available to students utilizing Centriq’s unique Annual Pass program.
- SA SATV Eligible Class is available for students utilizing Microsoft Software Assurance Training Vouchers.
- CLC Cisco Learning Credit Cisco Learning Credit
|Start Date||End Date||Duration||Days||Start Time||End Time||Time Zone||Location||Ways to Train||Ways to Buy||Price|
|Request a Date|
*Please note, this course is available as a private class only. It is not available for open enrollment.
How does agile and traditional project management differ? What is the project managers role? This covers strategies and techniques for that transition. Many hands on exercise will allow the student to practice the role of agile project manager as a facilitator of agile practices. Additionally, the class looks harder at the basic concepts learned in a Bootcamp or Fundamentals class – adaptive planning, customer collaboration, and value-driven delivery.
This course prepares for and includes a voucher for the ICP-APM (ICAgile Certified Professional in Agile Project Management).
AudienceTraditional Project Managers making the transition to agile environments, and agile team members interested in taking on servant leadership roles are the primary audience for this certification. Relevant roles include Project Managers, ScrumMasters, Business Analysts, Product Managers or other team members interested in Agile Project Management.
Taken introductory agile class (e.g. Agile Fundamentals, Certified Scrum Master, Professional Scrum Master) or worked in an agile organization for 6+ months
View Course Outline
The Reality of Agile Projects
● Agile view of a project
● Tolerating ambiguity and uncertainty
● Where traditional management practices fall short
● Benefits of an agile approach to managing projects
● Agile project terminology
● Strategically Leveraging Constraints
● Managing Constraint and Tradeoffs
● Product Quality
● Continuously Inspecting & Adapting
● Risk Mitigation
● Managing Budget
● Managing Vendors
● Agile Contracts
Performance and Metrics
● Measuring team performance
● Team Productivity Metrics
● Measuring individual performance
● Determining the Health of a Project
● Project Value Metrics
Establishing and Empowering Teams
● Establishing Effective Teams
● Project Charters
● Team Charters
● Team Working Agreements
● Creating an Empowered Team
● Generalizing Specialists
● Servant Leadership
● Building trust and community
● Conflict Resolution
● Optimizing Team Dynamics
● Developing project team members
● Resource Management
Delivering Valuable Results
● Understanding and Measuring Value
● Understanding Project Quality in relation to Value
● Agile Triangle vs. Triple Constraint
● Achieving Customer & Stakeholder Satisfaction
● Frequent delivery
● Product demonstration
● Tracking customer and stakeholder benefits realization
Agile Planning and Estimating
● How much to invest upfront
● Progressive Elaboration
● Continuous Planning, Collaboration & Transparency
● Release planning
● Increment planning
● Principles of Agile estimation
● Estimation techniques
Communication and Collaboration
● Project Community: Customers and Users
● Stakeholder Engagement
● Fluid Communication Planning
● Building CommunityOpen Information & Big Visible Communications