Featured Employer – TEKsystems
Centriq’s IT Career Program grads work for some really great companies. We asked Jay Chielens, IT Recruiter at TEKsystems, to tell us about his company and why they hire Centriq grads.
- How would you describe your company?
Today, TEKsystems is a flagship company of Allegis Group, the world’s largest talent management company with annual revenues of £7.63 billion (€10.50 billion) in 2015.* TEKsystems provides a range of IT services, IT staffing and recruiting solutions and IT talent management expertise. Our value proposition is cemented in our real-world insight into what works in IT and our unmatched network of the highest-calibre IT experts.
- How big is your IT staff? What do they do?
We bring that burst of energy, that extra manpower, that injection of perspective to get you over the finish line. We are the ones with the right connections and the motivation to help you from start to finish. We’re here to make it happen.
Some of the feats we have accomplished include:
- More than 80,000 professionals deployed each year
- Over 3,500 direct placements with small- to medium-sized clients
- Full project support from start to finish
- Consultative and customized plans to reshape how you hire
- Talent placed at 80% of Fortune 500 companies
- Specialized skill areas: IT, digital, risk and compliance, healthcare IT
- Tell us something impressive/unique about your company or your IT department.
In a single year, we place over 80,000 IT contractors across the globe to support critical IT engagements at 6,000 client sites worldwide. With more than 100 offices and 5,000 employees throughout North America, the U.K., Europe and Asia, we have advanced insight into the IT labour market, and superior speed and selectivity when recruiting IT professionals to manage and support IT initiatives.
- How many Centriq grads has your company hired?
It is hard to put a number on that, but I am very confident that we have places, are placing, or will place the majority of Centriq Graduates.
- What do Centriq grads work on at your company?
They do a plethora of jobs. Including but not limited to cable technicians, help-desk technicians, desktop support, network administrators, security engineers, developers, etc.
- What sets Centriq grads apart from other candidates?
Many Centriq grads are very motivated to start a new and exciting career. That is very noticeable. It is also very clear that they are well prepared and coached to make this IT-field their own.