Computer Jobs for GI’s
Did you spend your time in the military working with computers, networks, cyber security, and communication/radio systems? If this sounds like you, you should know that these skills are highly valued in the civilian career market. There are plenty of jobs you can go into straight from your military service, but careers in IT might take a little more training time.
A New Career without the Investment
If you’re not looking to invest years in going to school, or going back to school, you can explore the many training programs that offer accelerated training in IT and IT related fields. Combining the skills you’ve acquired in the military with the training programs offered by companies like Centriq, you can be job market ready in as little as four months.
Some typical computer jobs are:
- Data Entry: input hard and electronic data into a database
- Database Manager: create, maintain, and test data that lives within databases, be proficient with programs such as Access, and SQL.
- System or Network Admin: Knowledge of network setups and protocols. Various certificates required.
- Developer/Programmer: maintain and develop programming and software.
- Help Desk: help computer and network users with technical and connectivity issues. General computer and network knowledge. Customer services skills often a component.
- Quality Assurance: test and use software, programs, and hardware prior to release to the public. Run numerous tests and situations to ensure there are no bugs.
A lot of these careers don’t require formal education and can utilize hands-on experience and some system specific training. Oftentimes employers are looking for hands-on experience over education so if you’ve got a knack for computers and networking you’ve got a great shot regardless of your college education.
Utilize your Military Experience
Many companies value having the expertise and training that comes with having a military member in their staff. Utilize your military training and work ethic to your advantage. You served your country and service is a pillar to who you’ve become and civillian companies greatly value your work ethic. Let our military friendly staff help get you the IT training you need. We can work with you to help you utilize the most of your GI Bill.
If you’ve finished your time in the military and you’re looking at ways to incorporate the training you’ve had into a civilian career, look to Centriq to help you transition seamlessly. From managing and securing servers to remote computer management and repairs you can incorporate the skills you’ve learned with some career specific training from Centriq. Upsell your work ethic and training from the military. Let us help you get into a career quickly.